You - your opinion about single

Oceano
Profi
Profi
Postleitzahl: 1
Land: Deutschland
You - your opinion about single

Beitragvon Oceano » Montag 3. November 2008, 10:20

Well in Poland this single is not released and i can forget about digital download so Im curious what you think about this single?

what tracks are in "Zeit der Sehnsucht"
Is "Wehmut" album version or radio edit?
"you" instrumental is the same as old version or new video version?

I'm curious why Universal is doing such things and give everything only for germany :(

Martin
Profi
Profi
Postleitzahl: 0

Re: You - your opinion about single

Beitragvon Martin » Montag 3. November 2008, 10:58

Hi Oceano

A Good topic especially from the International perspective.

I cannot offer any veiws on the music but would like to voice my opinion on how ridiculous copyright laws are.

I fully respect that this is in the interest of protecting the artist but in this case it really hurts the fans of Schiller , well those outside of germany Anyway , there is no way I can obtain this music legally which I would do if it was available.

To get the Digital Download version of "you" from either iTunes or musicdownload.de I must be a resident of Germany.

This is absolutely ridiculous as if this music was in CD format then it is no problem to buy it via amazon.de or other internet outlet.

Surely these protected rights are an infringment of my rights to freely buy music within in the EU ?

Surely its about time the Record companies thought of the fans and the Artist surely christophers record sales would increase outside of germany if his music was available to download from itunes internationally and International music download web-site's.

Rant over :haar: :haar: :haar:

Universal is probably the most innappropiate name for a recoed company as far Schiller is concerned ;-)

Dandym
VIP
VIP
Postleitzahl: 4157

Beitragvon Dandym » Montag 3. November 2008, 18:17

Hey Oceano and Martin!

The song "Wehmut" is the album version. Thus nothing new.
And the Instrumentale version of You would have to be in my opinion the album version which a few seconds longer goes.
In "Zeit der Sehnsucht" are among other things "Sehnsucht", "Forever" and "Let me love you" contained. I cannot say more for the moment yet, since I bought and only once heard the CD only a while ago.

Greets, Daniel

ela
Kenner
Kenner
Postleitzahl: 50354

Beitragvon ela » Montag 3. November 2008, 19:05

I'm a little confused here...

How can an Internet download only be available in one country? What is it good for? And how does it work technically? :kratz:

speedbird
Profi
Profi
Postleitzahl: 90403

Beitragvon speedbird » Montag 3. November 2008, 21:28

ela hat geschrieben:I'm a little confused here...

How can an Internet download only be available in one country? What is it good for? And how does it work technically? :kratz:

Hi ela,

technical solution: your IP-Adress, means your personal ID on the internet
legal background: e.g. universal owns the rights only for distribution within germany, therefor they have to take care.

I can't remember the site but i know the problem of limited acces to webspace if you are resindent within a certain country.

Kurz auf Deutsch:

Limitierung erfolgt mittels der eigenen IP Adresse. Hintergrund Rechtevergabe bzw. Lizenzestimmungen -> Universal hat z.B. nur die Vetriebsrechte für Deutschland.

Gruß
Olli

Martin
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Martin » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 10:19

Hi Ela , Speedbird at all

This problem is Universal , it is a problem with Internet Download sites and iTunes.

Basically where you live means that you can only download music that has the rights in that Given country.

For example , "You" - digital download is currently on musicload.de , I cannot get an account as I am a resident of the UK. I could try and create a false account by inventing an Address in Germany but I would still be unable to pay for it as I have no credit cards that would be registered to this made up address in germany.

I have the same problem with exclusive Schiller stuff that is on itunes store germany , I am only allowed to buy things from the United Kingdom store , I am allowed to browse the german store but am not allowed to purchase. Again I could try and invent a bogus new account with an address in germany but again i would not have a german bank account or credit card. The other alternative which people have tried is buying an itunes gift card from that country as means of payment.

I think this may also fail as Ollie has recognised that your IP address is recognised as not been resident in that county and will prohibit you from making the purchase.

I am not sure exactly what the record company's true reason for this is as I think it actually damages the artist and does not protect there rights , but I wish there was way that these boundaries could be broken down. I think what they do actually makes piracy and illegall downloads worse as if the music was more freely available genuine fans would be happy to pay to download the music if it was available , instead they have to resort to tracking down illegal copies where the copyright protection has been cracked and thus the artist will receive no royalties.

Doppel-H
VIP
VIP
Postleitzahl: 6049
Land: Niederlande

Beitragvon Doppel-H » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 10:53

I didn't try to download the instrumental version of 'You' yet, and now I read that I can forget it to obtain the wanted song in a legal way... Ridiculous again! :x

Downloads for Germany only, approx. 10 different versions of every album: Universal s*cks! :motz:

Oceano
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Oceano » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 14:56

Dandym hat geschrieben:The song "Wehmut" is the album version.

so in this case its a stupid move.why give something that already everyoe have on Sehnsucht album.specialy if this is digital download single - why pay for the same song twice? I dont understand Universal.

silencer
VIP
VIP
Postleitzahl: 4347

Beitragvon silencer » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 15:05

Martin hat geschrieben:I am not sure exactly what the record company's true reason for this is as I think it actually damages the artist and does not protect there rights , but I wish there was way that these boundaries could be broken down. I think what they do actually makes piracy and illegall downloads worse as if the music was more freely available genuine fans would be happy to pay to download the music if it was available , instead they have to resort to tracking down illegal copies where the copyright protection has been cracked and thus the artist will receive no royalties.

You're right. And those boundaries COULD be broken down, cause they STILL ARE broken down, if you take a look at www.beatport.com or www.djtunes.com or some label download shops, like www.vandit.com ! But especially Universal has an obsolete opinion about digital downloads, as they still using the f***ing DRM format (extremely low audio quality) in iTunes, musicload, etc. - at least in Germany!

Martin
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Martin » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 16:21

Oceano hat geschrieben:
Dandym hat geschrieben:The song "Wehmut" is the album version.

so in this case its a stupid move.why give something that already everyoe have on Sehnsucht album.specialy if this is digital download single - why pay for the same song twice? I dont understand Universal.

So you can add it to the several other identical versions that you have already purchase from the several different edtions of Sehnsucht already available :achso:

I know I'm going off topic now but this has got me in rant mode :a:

Universal don't really have the interest of Schiller or the fans at heart all they are interested in is making money.

They Know Schiller has quite a loyal and large fan base that will basically buy anything they release even if it is just packaged different , having different songs or different versions / mixes of the same songs is actually a bonus .

This latest insult with the dawn of the digital download just rubs further salt into the wounds.

Quite a few years ago back in the UK anyway there was a trend that when an artist had a Hit Single etc that a number of limited edtion versions of the single would appear and in one case it was 6 different versions and the musical content wasn't actuallly any different just the covers, the Music business then seemed to agree that there would only be a maximum of two different versions.

Most albums these days generally come in a maximum of 2 , standard 1cd then if you are lucky you get a Limited edtion 2cd version , I don't have a problem with that.

The problem I do have is when the fans are fleeced , what was the point of the Sehnsucht neue version??????? (that included "time for dreams" and "you ) They are now available as Singles and they will shortly be available on the Live Double CD. On top of that the Live CD also includes "Heaven" that was originally only available on itunes (and vinyl) so fans really had to go out of there way to obtain this track and yet its not so exclusive now as it is now going to be released on a later album of recycled songs.

I won't go on anymore , How f***ing cross am I :m: :m: :m: :m: :m:

silencer
VIP
VIP
Postleitzahl: 4347

Beitragvon silencer » Dienstag 4. November 2008, 17:13

[OT] = On

Martin hat geschrieben:On top of that the Live CD also includes "Heaven" that was originally only available on itunes (and vinyl) so fans really had to go out of there way to obtain this track and yet its not so exclusive now as it is now going to be released on a later album of recycled songs.

Pointed to HEAVEN, it is really a shame and makes me very angry. Cause I bought besides the Limited CD Version of SEHNSUCHT, the "iTunes Pre Order" Album (incl. HEAVEN), too. It was 9,99 Euro, I think. Now, I'll have the track in much better quality on the SEHNSUCHT LIVE CD Album, but the 9,99 Euro (for just 1 Song - the others are normal album tracks, I already had) on iTunes are now just a lack in my pocket-money, just wasted. Grrrrr, THAT makes me angry.

[OT] = Off

Martin
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Martin » Mittwoch 5. November 2008, 10:38

Perhaps - we should all ask for a refund for these so called exclusive tracks that then turn out not to be so exclusive afterall.

Anway to return this to on topic.

I think the CD format of the Single is worth the money alone for "Zeit Der Sensucht" Christopher has come up turmps again :top: with a magical chilled out mix of excerpts from the Sehnsucht album.

The Snippetts I paticularly like are the new chilled version of "Sehnsucht" this song is such an anthem and beautiful peice of music why the original was spoilt by putting vocals on it I will never know , and the rather spacey sounding "lonely" its one of my favourite songs from the original album and great that there is a new version mixed into this track , what a shame Damae couldn't appear on the Sehnsucht tour.

Best Wishes from England

Martin

Oceano
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Oceano » Mittwoch 5. November 2008, 11:12

"Zeit Der Sehnsucht" is masterpiece :D I love it.
"SEHNSUCHT Schill Out Version is amazing.Well I like also new version of LET ME LOVE YOU.

It is a pity that "You" 4 track single is not released.Instrumental version of YOU is really good.

about "Exclusive Track" do you think that "Sehnsucht LTD pur Edition" will include one exclusive track ? I mean new song with Jael that was performed during the sehnsucht tour ? lol.

Martin
Profi
Profi

Beitragvon Martin » Mittwoch 5. November 2008, 12:50

Oceano hat geschrieben:
about "Exclusive Track" do you think that "Sehnsucht LTD pur Edition" will include one exclusive track ? I mean new song with Jael that was performed during the sehnsucht tour ? lol.

Probably to get us Muppets to buy it :-p

Doppel-H
VIP
VIP
Postleitzahl: 6049
Land: Niederlande

Beitragvon Doppel-H » Freitag 7. November 2008, 21:18

I bought the CD-single today when I was in Germany.

'You' isn't bad, not my favourite song but I still like it!
'Zeit Der Sehnsucht' ist awesome, not only a compilation of songs we already own/know. Well done Christopher!

Zurück zu „Sehnsucht/Sehnsucht Live/Desire (CD/DVD)“